Oracle DBA - Team Lead
As an Oracle DBA Manager, you'll be responsible for administrating all companydatabases with global DBA team. Inthis role, you'll maintain the integrity, performance, and security of Oracle,SQL Server, NoSQL databases and Cloud native database services. You'lloversee the set up, maintenance and testing of disaster recovery and business continuitysystems to meet the application SLA's with the business applicationowners. As a hands-on DBA manager, you'llalso be involved in the architecture, data modeling and performance tuning ofall database applications and any data warehouse/data lake projects inadditional to managing global DBA team.
What You'll Do:
- Manage workloads and career growth for global DBA team
- Manage database change control
- Perform advanced database administration tasks
- Set up, configure and maintain standby databases
- Configure and manage backups using database-specific backup technologies
- Query performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Install, configure and troubleshoot client software
- Work with application team in database design and coding for performance
- User support and troubleshooting
- Manage technical and functional documentation
- Perform database migrations for both internal and acquisition projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technology field
- 7+ years of experience in Database Administration on Unix/Linux/Windows platforms
- Experience in setting up and maintaining Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Experience in Oracle server set up, software installation, upgrades, configuration, maintenance, and backup & recovery
- Experience in Database Architecture and Design - physical and logical design and ER model
- Demonstrated skills in troubleshooting database performance problems in mission critical large production system
- Experience in Oracle Data Guard set up in LAN and WAN environments and standby database maintenance
- Experience in Database Replication and Migration Technologies
- Experience in applying advanced Database features for high availability and performance
- Experience in SQL Server installation, backup, recovery, replication, migration, performance tuning and maintenance
- Understand In-Memory technologies - Oracle TimesTen, Redis, Memcached
- System administration experienced is preferred
- Experience in Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
- PL/SQL Programming
- An ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Availability 24/7 when in on call rotation and in emergencies
- Excellent communication skill
- Exadata admin experience is preferred
- AWS data service experience is preferred
- Team lead or manager experience a plus
Who We Are:
Our values at STATS mimic those of foundationally great teams and franchises. Our objective is to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It's Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We want candidates that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative, Get Stuff Done enviornment
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It's Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator, and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are a driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and other accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.