At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewOn any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products, and services play essential roles in people’s lives.
We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Our IT organization isn’t just here to support our business. We’re here to reinvent it – by changing the way our customers, partners, and employees interact with our company. To do that, we’re looking for people who bring great ideas and who make our partners’ ideas better. Intellectually curious advisors (not order takers) who focus on outcomes to creatively solve business problems. People who not only embrace change but who accelerate it.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of Oracle PLM/CPQ process extensions and API’s to replace Office/G-Suite tools with automated solutions that reduce manual processes and handoffs
- Enablement of automated and simplified BOM structures and changes
- Provide a mechanism to enable end-users to easily and accurately set SKU attribution as a means to easily manage SKUs and provide management transparency
- Automate the Product Enablement process to replace the manual product requirements gathering, BOM structure set up in PLM and downstream to CPQ, and testing processes
- Generate self-service solutions to streamline work for Product Managers and Product Orderability teams
- Gather requirements and complete analysis, design, coding, configuration, testing, and integration of CPQ or PLM software features, and all software management, integration and validation activities support
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of new product lifecycle tools
- Assist in upgrading existing Product Lifecycle tools and associate customizations to newer version or Cloud-based platforms
Technical Knowledge/Skills Required:
- 5+ years of experience implementing or supporting Oracle E-Business Suite, CPQ or other Oracle R12 configurator, and AgilePLM
- Experience in Oracle Design to Release Process Integration Pack (DTR PIP)
- Experience in Process Extension/SDK development and preferably Web Services (JSON, REST, or SOAP API’s)
- Experiences with Web Servers like Tomcat and Web Logic
- Experience in Oracle DB, SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience in Product Configuration Management and PLM business processes including Item Structure and bills of material setup, Approved Manufacturer List (AML), Change Orders (CO), and Product Environmental Compliance
Non-Technical Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Broad understanding of Oracle E-business supply chain modules such as PIM, Inventory Management, Order Management, and Bills of Material
- Experience with Oracle’s Cloud Product Data Hub (PDH) is a plus
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently – Should be able to drive execution independently
- Very strong team player, should possess an ability to foster teamwork and positive working environment to the project team in light of changes and challenges. Should have people skills to be able to work independently with different IT team members in different roles
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Strong aptitude to learn
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong collaboration and active listening skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of relevant experience in a business-facing role
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.