Partner Analytics Manager
For customers, we’re an online, members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. And we help them compete in today’s marketplace. It’s the ultimate eCommerce win-win.
With people in offices in Chicago and Conshohocken, PA we’re perpetrators of good vibes and great experiences for our customers, our merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE
ShopRunner’s analytics team is central to our data-forward strategy, driving insights into every aspect of our business, supporting stakeholders across the organization, and helping retailers succeed as the industry changes.
We are looking for a curious individual interested in a range of analytics capabilities -- you’re detail oriented and have a grasp of the big picture, and communicate equally well with software engineers and business stakeholders. Our Manager of Partner Analytics will think about ShopRunner’s data from the retailer’s perspective -- finding new ways to articulate our value proposition and thinking about how our products impact retailer performance. This is a hands-on management role, both performing analyses and overseeing analytics work to further our company objectives around helping retailers succeed.
Somebody comfortable digging into large datasets with a tenacious attention to data quality would be a strong match for this role. ShopRunner is a startup-like environment where people who are comfortable with ambiguity and have an investigative mindset will thrive. It’s a complex role where both excellent organizational skills and communication skills are needed. If you’re the kind of person who can find an answer to a question you were asked six months ago, keep reading.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with key teams, including Partner Success, Partner Marketing, PR, Sales, and Enterprise Product to understand performance as it relates to all aspects of our unique ecommerce ecosystem including retailers, partners and consumers
- Participate in retailer calls and meetings, presenting data about ShopRunner performance and listening to retailer needs to identify opportunities for ad hoc analysis
- Find ways to scale analyses for use in cross-retailer trends
- Look for opportunities to bring new interesting insights to retailers - both regarding their business and our unique cross-retailer perspective - in order to share best practices and provide value to them as part of the network.
- Act as the source of truth across retailers, managing documentation and the organization of information
- Drive requirements and contribute to development of monitoring systems to ensure transparency when business-critical data elements are changing
- Work closely with data engineering to monitor and measure data quality, and prioritize and drive a roadmap of data pipeline and data quality fixes
- Present analyses and insights to all levels of the company, clearly and concisely
- Manage and mentor 1 - 2 data analysts
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 6+ years of experience as a marketing/product/data analyst in a consumer-facing company
- Passion for retailers and using data to support their growth
- Solid foundation with analytics, deep understanding of how ecommerce data is produced and the technical skills needed to communicate data requirements, validate data quality and analyze trends
- Expertise with SQL and Excel for querying and manipulating large volumes of data for analysis and visualization
- Willingness to gather and organize messy, "non-standard" or unstructured data
- Experience with creating dashboards/reports and using BI tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Looker, etc.
- Excited about the opportunities in a high-growth company and unfazed by the ambiguity and fast-paced culture that come with it
- BS in a relevant technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics, or equivalent on-the-job experience
- Experience working across multiple business functions
- Statistical modeling or A-B testing experience
- Understanding of ecommerce marketing channels and attribution modeling
- Experience with R or Python for data manipulation and analysis
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.