Pharmacogenomics Junior Variant Scientist at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Pharmacogenomic Junior Variant Scientist who will work with our Clinical and Computational Biology Team on curation and research.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze pharmacogenomic test results to generate high-quality customized reports
- Perform data quality control
- Assist in variant classification based on emerging scientific information
- Identify literature and analyze for accuracy and experimental robustness (i.e. experimental design, procedures, and results)
- Extract, structure, and analyze the latest scientific research to construct and maintain the Tempus cancer genomics knowledge database (KDB)
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum BS degree in Genetics, Molecular Genetics, Pharmacogenomics, or Biological Sciences
- Experience reading and critically evaluating scientific literature
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with strong critical-thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work both independently and in a group setting
- Excitement and drive to make a difference in a fast-paced energetic work environment!
Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- MS degree in Human Genetics, Molecular Genetics, or Biology with an understanding of Pharmacogenomics
- Programing or scripting experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with human mutation databases, genome browsers, HGVS nomenclature, and oncology therapies
- Research experience and handling of large datasets