Pharmacogenomics Junior Variant Scientist
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a Pharmacogenomic Junior Variant Scientist who will work with our Clinical and Computational Biology Team on curation and research.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze pharmacogenomic test results to generate high-quality customized reports
- Perform data quality control
- Assist in variant classification based on emerging scientific information
- Identify literature and analyze for accuracy and experimental robustness (i.e. experimental design, procedures, and results)
- Extract, structure, and analyze the latest scientific research to construct and maintain the Tempus cancer genomics knowledge database (KDB)
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum BS degree in Genetics, Molecular Genetics, Pharmacogenomics, or Biological Sciences
- Experience reading and critically evaluating scientific literature
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with strong critical-thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work both independently and in a group setting
- Excitement and drive to make a difference in a fast-paced energetic work environment!
Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- MS degree in Human Genetics, Molecular Genetics, or Biology with an understanding of Pharmacogenomics
- Programing or scripting experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with human mutation databases, genome browsers, HGVS nomenclature, and oncology therapies
- Research experience and handling of large datasets