Policy Monitoring Associate at Amount
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:33 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, February 6, 2021
At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
Amount is looking for a Policy Monitoring Associate to join the team in Chicago. As a Policy Monitoring Associate, you will be responsible for creating and monitoring checks on policies set forth by the business. We are looking for someone with strong technical, analytical, and organizational capabilities who is just as comfortable exploring data sets in SQL as they are explaining complex issues to a business audience. You will have the opportunity to work with internal teams that touch all aspects of the business. A successful Policy Monitoring Associate will develop a thorough understanding of our numerous data sources and how they power our business. You will use that understanding, along with SQL and Python skills, to identify, diagnose, and resolve any irregularities in Amount’s originations and servicing systems.
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
What you'll work on:
- Understand and translate functional requirements to support the implementation and maintenance of policy related monitors
- Develop, maintain, test and document policy monitors that cover business logic as well as system logic
- Be a subject matter expert for specific data domains; help drive process improvements and operate as the go-to person for data related questions
- Identify potential gaps in process involving quality, consistency, and thoroughness of data for reporting and analytical purposes
- Implement process enhancements to improve efficiency of existing monitors
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to assist with timely resolution of data quality/policy issues and perform root cause analysis
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in an analytical field (ex. Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, etc.)
- 3 years of experience in an analytical role in financial services, or other data intensive role
- Must possess knowledge of SQL programming (any dialect)
- Experience working with relational databases
- Proven ability to analyze large datasets and translate findings logically
- Familiarity with additional programming languages such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Skilled problem solver and proven passion for data and analytics
- Solid aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Amount is a technology company focused on accelerating the world’s transition to digital financial services. We create technology experiences that help financial institutions better understand their customers while enabling them to live their best financial lives. We aim to make it easier for financial institutions to provide greater access and smarter tools, so everyone has the opportunity to tackle the financial challenges they face. Our technology is shaping the future of financial services by enabling our partners to better understand and serve their customers, and we are looking for talented team members to join us on the journey.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote, within the United States, temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that this position will not be remote long-term and our expectation is that this individual will join us in our Chicago or LA office when it is safe to do so. Note: International work is not permitted at this time.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!
Read Full Job Description