What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse The Aisles
Lead a team focused on delivering business insights using advanced analytical expertise/techniques/tools that materially improve critical decisions by senior management and drive the business mission/strategy forward. This position provides effective leadership and hands-on, practical executional guidance to a specialized analytical team. While most project focus on marketing, merchandising or shopper analytics, projects range across the org..
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Provide ongoing leadership to a strong, capable team that meets or exceeds the company’s Advanced Analytics requirements
- Develop and train team of Analysts to quality outputs, ensuring outputs are logical and actionable
- Provide ongoing counsel to key clients Sr. Brand, Marketing and Merchandising Leadership and other key decision makers regarding proper interpretation and application of Advanced Analytics analysis and tool
- Provide input and significantly influence the development and refinement of company strategies (based on Advanced Analytics analysis and tools).
- Lead the development and deployment of customer segmentations, scores, store clustering, and other KPI models to predict the impact of potential actions or programs being considered.
- Lead innovation in analytical methodologies tools, staying abreast of industry developments related to analytics and proactively exploring opportunities to advance organizational capabilities.
- Develop strong client relationships that enable learning about the business and how their work directly impacts decisions. For specific projects, draw out critical information that impacts the learning objectives and incorporate into all work.
- Identification of additional data requirements and partner with the database administrators to collect and organize new data elements.
- Maintain proficiency with major business systems and the data on which it relies.
- Subject matter expert on methodologies and data sources.
- Ability to analyze data, employing statistical concepts, and present recommendations based on that data.
- Partner closely with other team members within Advanced Analytics to ensure appropriate integration of data.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics or related fields; graduate degree in statistics, economics, econometrics or related disciplines is preferred
- 6+ years years of predictive analytics experience in retail, consulting or agency related client-based discipline
Direct retail analytics experience required. Grocery-specific experience preferred
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Ability to inspire and manage a team of analysts to continuously grow knowledge and skill
- Advanced mathematical and analytical skills, including model-building, segmentation and ML algorithms
- Experience with data and statistical modeling software (e.g. SQL, Python, R, SAS, SPSS)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills – demonstrated ability to mine data for relevant and actionable insights
- Impeccable organizational skills, project management and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate/translate complex concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment with shifting priorities
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.