SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
This Pricing Analyst is responsible for supporting operations by completing pricing requests, using a data driven approach. This role is assigned to a specific division and is responsible for pricing new business opportunities. You will also partner with leadership to identify cost saving opportunities aimed at defining and improving market rates for Exterior Services.
- Prepare pricing proposals for new opportunities
- Organize, analyze, interpret and prepare reporting to understand key cost drivers and identify market rates.
- Fosters a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Require general coaching and supervision
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service Skills - Advanced
- Verbal Communication Skills - Advanced
- Written Communication Skills - Advanced
- Teamwork Skills - Advanced
- Organizational Awareness - Advanced
- Negotiation Skills - Advanced
- Analysis Skills - Advanced
- Problem-Solving Skills - Advanced
- Process Orientation Skills - Advanced
- Prioritization Skills - Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Computer Skills: Advanced proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- System Experience: SQL, Tableau, Python preferred
- Proficient project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously from origin through execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-5 years of experience in analytics
- 2-5 years of experience in pricing strategy
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or Mathematics is preferred.