Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
The Braintree Finance and Accounting Support Analyst is responsible for the execution and oversight of operational processes related to Braintree internal controls and SOX reporting requirements. This person will audit Braintree merchant pricing, reconcile differences between merchant contracts and bank data, and investigate the impact of pricing mistakes. The Finance and Accounting Support Analyst will work in tandem with other teams reviewing Braintree to discover, implement, and automate controls. A primary focus of this position is to constantly refine and strengthen the internal control structure at Braintree.
Reporting to the Financial Operations manager, with a dotted line to the Accounting manager, this person will also be responsible for assisting those teams with matters such as modeling merchant pricing reviews, the monthly close, financial reporting requirements and modeling, reconciling transactions posting to bank accounts, monthly gateway billing and losses reporting processes, and testing new product features.
- Perform Braintree merchant pricing audits on a weekly and monthly basis. Review merchant pricing across multiple banking platforms and with different structures. Compare pricing to signed merchant contracts, identify, and quantify discrepancies.
- Work cross functionally with FinOps, Sox, Compliance, and Product teams to constantly refine and optimize controls – including looking for ways to make them automated and preventative.
- Serve as the knowledge expert for all things related to Braintree merchant pricing. Answer questions from PayPal pricing committees, compliance, and management.
- Utilize internal pricing models to evaluate pricing changes for merchants. Analyze pricing structure, merchant processing history, and processor pricing policy. Make pricing recommendations to Account Manager and assist with ongoing merchant pricing discussions.
- Assist Accounting team with managing and coordinating the month end close process. Support preparation of monthly reporting packages for department managers.
- Partner with Braintree Risk and Account Management teams on the resolution of process flaws, system bugs or other operational issues adversely impacting merchant funding. Assist development with new product launches and market expansions that impact merchant funding processes.
- Work with a high degree of initiative to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities in the areas of pricing, accounting, reconciliation and reporting.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics required. Master’s Degree a plus.
- 4+ years relevant work experience in financial operations, accounting, or controllership preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel (intermediate level of expertise working with Excel pivot tables, v-lookup and filters strongly desired). Experience with banking systems, SAP, other external systems and software a plus (reconciliation tools, data warehouse, etc.)Previous SQL experience a plus. Financial institution or payments industry experience a plus
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and critical thinking skills.Strong financial statement and accounting knowledge.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, with the ability to manage a variety of primary duties as well as actively contribute to new projects.
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through. Energy and desire to thrive in a fast-paced organization; ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Strong communication skills - including ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written presentations to all levels in the organization
- Ability to learn and adapt to new product flows and software technologies.
- Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards including honesty, integrity.
- Strong sense of dedication to the Company and the team.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.