Principal Analyst – Customer Journey Analytics
Customer Success | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
Principal Analyst- Customer Journey is responsible for designing and maturing analytics required across Customer Success Lifecycle including Digital Customer Success, Adoption Enablement and Success Marketing that power the next generation of actionable insights for the Customer Success organization at DocuSign. The ideal candidate has a rich experience across one or more domains of Customer Success, Adoption Marketing, Digital Analytics, Professional Services, Consumer behavior, Customer Journeys and Sales Lifecycle. The candidate is analytics lead with proven track record of driving strategic, operational, and customer analysis to frame and drive decisions and develop KPIs and scorecards to track initiative progress/performance to drive a focus on results and execution. This role requires the ability to deliver in matrixed organization at global scale. This candidate will partner closely with analysts in Customer Success, and data engineers in Product engineering and Data engineering teams. Candidate should have experience in designing complex data models, and conversant with strategies for effective ELT / ETL design to partner with data engineering teams In this role, candidate will influence and shape the design and roadmap for advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics while collaborating with customer success business teams on requirements. Leveraging data, statistical analysis and advanced techniques this role will help DocuSign drive consumption and adoption with a goal of driving targeted customer outcomes with tangible ROI. The candidate is required to have deeply analytical with keen understanding of business process and programs and the ability to translate data and insights into executive readouts.
This position is an individual contributor position and reports to the Director Customer Success Analytics.
- Drive descriptive and predictive analytics for the customer success offerings portfolio – understand, track and predict where the investments will have the greatest return – deliver insights into the effectiveness of Customer Success offerings portfolio
- Drive analytic models for targeted service offers to improve the customer journey and positively impacting MRR/ARR outcomes
- Create requirements for dimensional models to support the required analysis in a more automated fashion
- Partner with cross-department to report accurately on data sourced from many different data sources including Support, Product, DocuSign University, and Professional Services
- Deliver on insights and analytics to help business leaders answer critical questions related to customer success offerings portfolio effectiveness and investment choices for go-to-market programs – help shape decisions on new program/offer introduction
- Combine analytics, exploratory skills and data intuition to deliver insights on Customer Adoption Index, Customer Health Index, churn causalities and upsell opportunities
- Report on key metrics and KPIs to all key business partners, including senior leadership, across Customer Success Enablement, Professional Services, field CSM roles, and regional CSM organizations in EMEA and APAC
- Determine opportunities for improvement across process, tooling and data automation to optimize costs and decrease turnaround time for analytics consumers
- Developing and communicating business requirements to data management team in order to operationalize reporting and automate recurring analyses
- 12+ years of experience in solving complex business problems using advanced analytics, statistical techniques (preferred exposure to machine learning) to drive customer analytics, product analytics, event analytics, customer journey analysis, lifetime value analysis.
- 8+ years of experience in executing on complex projects analyzing, extracting, cleansing, and manipulating diverse structured and unstructured data sets on relational – SQL, NOSQL databases for self-service data solutions across multiple database schemas
- 4+ years of experience working in an agile environment with iterative development & business feedback
- 4+ years of provide insights to support strategic decisions, including preparing and delivering insights and recommendations
- 5+ years of experience of leading analytics solutions coordinating teams across data engineering, product engineering teams.
- 4+ years of experience in Enterprise Visualization Tools: Tableau / QlikView /PowerBI and proficient in MS Office Suite with advanced Excel skills - pivot tables, macros, PowerPivots, advanced functions
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Applied Mathematics or Statistics, Econometrics, or closely related field
- Advanced data analysis skills – e.g. database query construction, data warehousing, forecasting, data mining and experience in business analysis
- Python/R, knowledge and hand-on experience in statistical programming and data science toolkits – one or more of Pandas/Jupyter/SCIKIT/Tensorflow
- Experience applying machine learning solving real business and customer problems
- Comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to collaborate with the rest of the team to build solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize & communicate complex results to senior leaders
- Attention to detail with focus on data quality, data consistency and criticality
- Ability to shape ambiguity, govern & prioritize in a matrixed environment across organizational boundaries
- Strong desire to stay ahead of industry trends & technologies with a commitment to continuous learning
- Exposure to big data platforms – Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, Matillion, Hadoop
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.