Principal Analyst- Professional Services at DocuSign
Principal Analyst- Professional Services
Customer Success and Support | San Francisco, California, and Chicago, Illinois and Seattle, WA
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts –in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support –you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Principal Analyst – Professional Services is responsible for maturing the insights and analytics for Professional Services, Partner Ecosystem, Utilization, Workforce management, Services Bookings, Backlog & Revenue forecasting across the Customer Success Organization at DocuSign.
The ideal candidate has worked in SaaS companies and has a rich experience across the domains of Professional Services, Customer Support and Sales Lifecycle as an analytics lead. This role requires the ability to deliver in matrixed organization at global scale. The candidate is deeply analytical with a keen understanding of business process for Professional Services and SI / Partner ecosystem programs with the ability to translate data and insights into leadership readouts.
This position is an individual contributor position and reports to the Director, Analytics.
• Deliver on insights and analytics for Professional Services, Partner Ecosystem, Partner / SI Tiering measurement, Partner Surveys, Partner Capacity Planning, Services Delivery Utilization, Workforce Planning and management, Services Bookings, Backlog forecasting, Revenue Forecasting
• Regional analytics to support the Customer Success Leadership, Engagement Managers, Partner Managers and Consultants role across North America, EMEA, APAC and LATAM
• Report on key metrics and KPIs to all key business partners, including senior leadership across Professional Services, Partner, field roles, and regional organizations in EMEA, APAC, and LATAM
• Determine opportunities for improvement across process, tooling and data automation to optimize costs and decrease turnaround time for analytics consumers
• Create and maintain short-term & long-term capacity forecast models - determine drivers and inputs based on historical data influencers, targets, bookings, pipeline and backlog
• Deliver comprehensive analytical & statistical reporting on capacity plans, forecasts, actuals, variance and workforce trends across multiple functions and regions
• Articulate reasons for variance and drive recommendations to enhance forecast accuracy & effectiveness
• Forecast requirements for new programs to determine costs, impact to staffing and feasibility assessment
• Leverage industry best practices to accurately define problems, generate alternatives and implement solutions that permanently resolve scheduling and forecasting problems
• Deliver on revenue recognition analysis in relation to services offers, drive analysis of offer effectiveness and return on investment
• Deliver on partner tier measurement scorecards for partner ecosystem, determine capacity for system integrators across industry, product and regions, assess partner surveys, ensure tracking of delivery through partners to meet the goals of the economic model
• Refresh standard insights and narratives for monthly & quarterly business rhythms; deliver on what-if, descriptive and inquisitive analysis based on business questions
- Travel: Ability to travel periodically nationally
• 12+ years of experience in data, insights and analytics with increasing responsibility in a growth environment
• 6+ years of experience across Professional Services Automation, FinancialForce or equivalent PSA suite, Customer Support and Sales Lifecycle as an analytics lead
• 4+ years of experience in analysis for SaaS companies
• 4+ years of experience in full lifecycle of analytics using Enterprise Tools: Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI
• 4+ years of SQL skills in ANSI SQL / T-SQL with excellent hands-on exposure to database structures & principles
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Applied Mathematics or Statistics, Econometrics, or closely related field
• Exposure to advanced analytics
• Exposure to big data platforms – Snowflake, Redshift, Azure
• Knowledge of visualization best practices
• Exposure to data models, dimensional models, data warehouse patterns
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in engaging with senior leaders
• Excellent problem-solving analytical skills with the ability to synthesize and communicate complex results
• Extreme attention to detail with focus on data quality, data consistency and criticality of compensation metrics
• Proficient in MS Office Suite & advanced Excel - pivot tables, macros, PowerPivots, advanced functions
• Demonstrated ability to manage vendor teams in a multi-vendor, multi-technology, multiple location scenario
• Ability to shape ambiguity; organize, govern & prioritize in a matrixed environment across organizational boundaries