Principal Bioinformatics Scientist
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a highly motivated and capable bioinformatics team lead with extensive experience and interest in translational cancer research and genomics algorithm development. This position requires experience with scientific programming, relational data systems, algorithms development, and statistical modeling. Top candidates will also have leadership experience in NGS pipeline development in a clinical setting.
- Design and conduct analysis to improve variant calling, classification and analysis systems.
- Translate insight from model systems into predictors and classifiers of therapeutic response and prognosis in clinical cancer care.
- Collaborate with scientists, and clinicians to design and perform analyses on cancer clinical sequencing data in order to improve quality of care.
- Lead an interdisciplinary group of scientists and engineers to translate research into clinically actionable insights for our clients.
- Develop algorithms used to gain insight into cancer variation through analysis of next generation sequencing data
- Communicate with outside scientific teams as well as product and bioinformatics leadership
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects.
- Must have completed a Ph.D. in Cancer Biology or Molecular Biology related to cancer.
- 5+ years of post-doc experience
- Computational skills using R, Bioconductor, and/or Python.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Experience in cancer genetics, immunology, or molecular biology
- Experience working with next-generation sequencing data
- Leadership experience in NGS pipeline development in a clinical setting.
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience leading a team of scientists or software engineers
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Demonstrated programming ability
- Background in predictive or prognostic algorithm development
- Strong background in the development of statistical models