Principal Business Analyst at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for formulating systems scope and objectives relative to the organization's business plan and industry
requirements. Provides technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems. Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
The Credit Bureau Reporting team is responsible for furnishing customer data to the credit reporting
agencies for all of Discover’s lines of business, as well as maintaining a robust quality control framework to
ensure the accurate and timely delivery of data. The candidate will work with internal and external partners
to improve reporting data accuracy, introduce process enhancement and automation, and ensure
standardization, consistency and proper documentation of reporting practices across various lines of
business. The candidate will be familiar with credit bureau reporting standards and utilize
data analytics capabilities to research specific scenarios, identify issues, and recommend solutions, as
needed. The candidate will be responsible for formulating systems scope and objectives relative to the organization's business plan and industry requirements, and will provide guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems.
- Responsible for analysis and design of business systems. Typical steps include: diagnosis of need and the development of a related requirement specification, system development planning, creation and implementation of a test plan, on-going project oversight during the development phase and comparison of the solution delivered with the original specifications.
- Acts as an intermediary between IT and internal clients. Applies specialized professional knowledge and techniques gained through advanced study to develop solutions, as appropriate, to analytical, commercial, operational, process or technological problems.
- Leads projects or inter-departmental teams (mentoring to more junior roles).
- Enhances, optimizes and automates existing processes and ongoing business processes.
- Identifies and implements process and data enhancement opportunities to improve efficiency of processes and accuracy of data.
- Analyzes data and identifies inconsistencies with Credit Bureau Reporting policies.
- Analyzes data relating to customer complaints and disputes across DFS portfolios.
- Interacts with Credit Bureaus to gather information on attributes and match rates.
- Creates dashboards and reports to present results of analysis to management.
Minimum-Bachelors in Project Management, Business, Information Technology
8+ years of experience working with the business in software development
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.