Principal Data & Analytics Enterprise Architect at Walgreens
Plays an integral role in building a holistic view and roadmap of the Company’s enterprise information architecture & data strategy, processes, and technology roadmap. Partners with both business and technology groups to ensure that the proposed information architecture solutions not only align with the Company’s overall objectives, but also ensures that both groups enable and drive each other to meet the needs of the Company’s mission and vision. Creates processes, standards, governance, portfolios, and/or innovates emerging technologies to result in achievement of overall business vision. Takes ownership of the overall enterprise information architecture direction for the company, vision and defining the associated strategy in one or more domains, such as, business, data, technology, application etc. May direct staff members through direct or indirect oversight
- Provides enterprise information architecture capability and expertise required to ensure data and analytics investments, initiatives and projects can realize desired business benefits and create data assets which protect customer/patient information privacy and security in the up-front design.
- Collaborates with Business and IT Data Leadership to builds strategic roadmap for information platforms/systems. Aligns IT strategy and planning with the Company’s business goals and objectives. Seamlessly integrates business and service strategy into enterprise information architecture roadmap and enterprise data strategy.
- Develops and maintains the enterprise information architecture in alignment with the overall IT vision, supporting the information needs of the business and/or may manage and perform research and discovery activities, vet ideas, explore and validate emerging information technologies, trends and possibilities relevant to strategic and technical direction, while supporting business innovation and playing the role of a change agent
- Leverages data and analytics skills, tools, techniques and technology to guide our modernization of our broader enterprise information architecture.
- Partners with business and technology subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into information technological solutions. Partners with Solution Architects to provide a consensus based scalable and adaptable information architectural solution
- Develops and maintains data policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent framework is applied across the company. Manages and/or facilitates Review Boards to evaluate project and technology proposals for information architectural or technology fit.
- Facilitates the sharing of information architecture and data management best practices throughout the architecture community and the IT organization by assisting in the creation of an data architecture community of practice OR provides, regularly, visibility, and communicates the R&D findings and perspectives to executive leadership to help scope business and technology long term vision.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks proactively..
- Guides a wide range of audiences. Mentors less experienced architects through onboarding, training, and/or development.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or an Architecture role OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of in an IT, Engineering and/or Architecture role
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in Information Architecture Strategy, Roadmap, and technologies
- Experience in domain-specific information architecture concepts and emerging technologies (Design patterns, frameworks, data solutions, cloud technologies, data engineering technologies, data management solutions, analytic solutions and/or data sciences)
- At least 2 years of experience in Data and Analytics Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones;
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users, management, and leadership in adoption of technical solutions.
- Knowledge of project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace..
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience leading enterprise information architecture frameworks such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework), Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBoK – DAMA).
- Knowledge of healthcare and retail industry trends, typical solutions and strategic directions.
- Experience as an Solutions Architect at the Enterprise level
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors. Experience coordinating and facilitating executive management meetings.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.