Principal Data Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
What You’ll Do
- Apply a hands-on approach with next generation technologies to contribute to the team delivering the latest data-driven platforms and next generation analytic technologies.
How You’ll Do It
- Provide senior-level technical consulting to peer data engineers during design and development for highly complex and critical data projects.
- Provide engineering leadership to create and enhance data solutions enabling seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem.
- Design and develop data ingestion frameworks leveraging Open-Source tools such as NiFi, Sqoop, Hive, Java, Pig, Python, as well as data processing/transformation frameworks leveraging Open-Source tools.
- Provide support for deployed data applications and analytical models.
- Design and develop real-time processing solutions using Open-Source tools.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 6+ years of experience in data platform administration/engineering
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6 months of experience performing the same work or equivalent skills and experience
- 8+ years of experience in data platform administration/engineering
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.