Principal Data Scientist – Digital Touch at DocuSign
Principal Data Scientist – Digital Touch
Customer Success | Seattle, Washington, San Francisco, California and Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Customer Success team is the largest organization in the world focused entirely on agreement processes and technologies. We are the Agreement Experts. With hundreds of thousands of successful customers worldwide, we know how to help our customers see results quickly. And that experience is just one of the reasons our customers trust us to connect, automate, and integrate their systems of agreement, everywhere they need to get work done. As part of our global team of Agreement Experts – in professional services, customer success management, learning and enablement, and customer support – you’ll bring your knowledge, insights, and proven expertise to help our customers achieve more than they ever thought possible.
The Principal Data Scientist – Digital Touch is responsible for designing and building models & algorithms for the Digital Customer Success, Adoption Enablement and Success Marketing that power the next generation of actionable insights for the Customer Success organization at DocuSign. The ideal candidate has a rich experience across one or more domains of Customer Success, Adoption Marketing, Digital Analytics, Advertising, Consumer behavior, Customer Journeys and Sales Lifecycle. The candidate is a lead decision / data scientist with a track record of driving successful data science initiatives, advanced predictive and prescriptive analytics for business and customer facing outcomes. In this role you will leverage statistical analysis and machine learning to help DocuSign Customer Success teams drive adoption & consumption campaigns leading to higher retention, upsell and cross-sell. You will partner closely with other data scientists and analysts in Customer Success Analytics, product engineering, marketing, sales and finance, while collaborating & partnering with customer success teams on business & customer requirements to improve customer journeys and drive targeted customer outcomes with tangible ROI. This role requires the ability to deliver in matrixed organization at global scale. The candidate is deeply analytical with keen understanding of business process and programs and the ability to translate data and insights into executive readouts.
This position is an individual contributor position and reports to the Director Customer Success Analytics.
- Design and build predictive & prescriptive models across the Customer Success lifecycle marketing and Success Marketing – understand & track events and interactions – drive analytics on attribution to usage and adoption – predict journeys customer will take with campaigns & content navigation
- Create models to deliver meaningful insights & analysis on the effectiveness and impact of campaign, webinars, events and communications on customer usage & adoption.
- Design and build models to influence decisions for optimal audience targeting for different outreach programs based on program goals, system constraints, and customer lifecycle analysis
- Drive consistency in data collection and processes within the Customer Success Lifecycle Marketing team and Customer Success content teams
- Coordinate with the Marketing Operation team on campaign audience builds and results
- Partner with cross-department to report accurately on data sourced from many different data sources including Support, Product, DocuSign University, and Professional Services
- Create requirements for dimensional models to support the required analysis in a more automated fashion
- Design and report on A/B tests for new and modified campaigns and programs, including design of control groups
- Collaborate with front-line, customer-facing Customer Success teams to gather customer insights and best practices to inform and drive content asset creation, performance and measurement.
- Create methodology for understanding content effectiveness across the Support Site, DocuSign University, and any other platforms
- Drive and develop the customer journey analytics across enablement experiences. Use analytics and data to evaluate effectiveness, drive changes, identify enhancements for new programs.
- Deliver on insights and analytics to help business leaders answer critical questions related to Customer lifecycle marketing, Success marketing, customer experience, and impacts on adoption, usage and health
- Report on key metrics and KPIs to all key business partners, including Sr. Leadership, across Customer Success Enablement, Professional Services, field CSM roles, and regional CSM organizations in EMEA and APAC
- Determine opportunities for improvement across process, tooling and data automation to optimize costs and decrease turnaround time for analytics consumers
- 12+ years of experience in solving complex business problems using advanced analytics, statistical techniques (preferred exposure to machine learning) to drive marketing analytics, campaign targeting and analytics, event analytics, customer journey analysis
- 4+ years Python, knowledge and hand-on experience in statistical programming and data science toolkits – one or more of Pandas/Jupyter/SCIKIT/Tensorflow
- 3+ years of experience in executing on complex projects, extracting, cleansing, and manipulating diverse structured and unstructured data sets on relational – SQL, NOSQL databases
- 3+ years of experience working in an agile environment with iterative development & business feedback
- 3+ years of provide insights to support strategic decisions, including preparing and delivering insights and recommendations
- 3+ years of experience across Customer and Marketing scenarios with knowledge of data science concepts related to customer lifecycle marketing, content management - customer journeys, lifetime value
- 3+ years of SQL with excellent hands-on exposure to creating complex queries across multiple database schemas
- 3+ years working with multi-million rows of data
- 3+years of experience in Enterprise Visualization Tools: Tableau / QlikView /PowerBI and proficient in MS Office Suite with advanced Excel skills - pivot tables, macros, PowerPivots, advanced functions
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Analytics, Marketing Analytics, Applied Mathematics or Statistics, Econometrics, or closely related field
- Experience applying machine learning solving real business and customer problems
- Comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to collaborate with the rest of the team to build solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize & communicate complex results to senior leaders
- Attention to detail with focus on data quality, data consistency and criticality
- Ability to shape ambiguity, govern & prioritize in a matrixed environment across organizational boundaries
- Strong desire to stay ahead of industry trends & technologies with a commitment to continuous learning
- Preferred experience using machine learning to build recommender systems
- Exposure to AI, Deep Learning, Neural Networks, NLP
- Exposure to big data platforms – Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, Matillion, Hadoop
- Excellent at articulating vision and planning execution of projects
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.