Principal Data Scientist at Strong Analytics
Strong Analytics is seeking a Principal Data Scientist to join our growing team!
Principal Data Scientists take responsibility for designing, executing, and delivering successful projects for our clients. They play a "player coach" role. In this role, you will:
- Work with clients to scope project requirements and architecture.
- Orchestrating the project team (data scientists, engineers, and dev-ops) to successfully build out the project roadmap.
- Diving in at key points to contribute technically (e.g., in data modeling/engineering).
- Preparing/presenting final deliverables to clients at project updates and final delivery.
Successful applicants will have several years of experience in design, researching, and deploying data products (specifically, machine learning pipelines/APIs, dashboards). Through these projects, you will have developed an experience in working with clients to scope out projects and in presenting your research and final deliverables.
Strong offers a comprehensive compensation package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Profit sharing or equity, based on experience
- 100%-covered Health insurance for employees, 75%-covered dependents
- Four weeks PTO
- Work-from-Home Wednesdays
- 401(k) matching
- Personalized monthly perks with matched charitable donations
Candidates will be evaluated based on their experience in the following areas:
- Statistical modeling
- Data visualization
- Machine learning algorithms
- Causal inference
- Working with various RDBMS (e.g., Postgres, MySQL) and distributed data systems (e.g., Spark, Hive)
- Python engineering
- Cloud services (e.g., AWS)
- Client skills
- Scoping project requirements
- Translating requirements into a project development roadmap
- Creating deliverables (e.g., decks, software, documentation)
- Leading project meetings
Applicants should have the ability to travel infrequently (<5% of your time) for conferences, and occasional client site visits.