ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
- Define and implement a data strategy and roadmap for ServiceNow
- Define policies and establish standards for modeling, structuring, naming, describing, securing, and. formatting data
- Work with business and IT leadership to define and document the data architecture for enterprise data assets
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models with associated metadata including data lineage and technical data definitions
- Provide direction and guidance in the implementation of data warehouses, marts, cubes and universes to support analytic work product requirements
- Lead efforts to implement a reference data and master data management strategy
- Build and lead the data-architecture practice in support of strategic business and IT goals. Effectively work across team boundaries to establish data architecture and provide guidance to individual teams.
- Design and develop end to end robust, scalable data ingestion pipelines and data platform architecture that will support the analytical and reporting needs of the various business organizations.
- Work closely with the Data & Analytics team to help build the backend solutions for reporting, dashboarding, and analysis.
- Ability to architect and build an end to end data platforms.
- Strong understanding and experience building ELT/ETL solutions for both structured and unstructured data sets.
- Launch and support new data models that provide intuitive analytics to internal customers
- Prototype new technologies and implement innovative solutions to enable teams to consume and understand data faster.
- Leverage business and domain acumen to interpret and translate business requirements to architecture/technology plans.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 10+ years of hands-on experience working in enterprise-scale data warehousing, data architecture, and/or data engineering environments.
- 3+ years working as an Enterprise Architect with a good understanding of Enterprise Architecture as a practice. Practitioner’s knowledge of TOGAF or alternate frameworks is a plus.
- 5+ years of designing, implementing, and building pipelines (ETL) that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA
- 5+ years of SQL (HANA, Snowflake, Oracle, AWS Redshift, Hive, etc.) experience is required
- 5+ years of hands-on data modeling experience, especially dimensional data modeling
- Must have knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy or other Data visualization tools
- Strong understanding of core infrastructure components (servers, network, storage).
- Experience with Enterprise Data Governance, Big Data Solutions, Master data management, Data Privacy and Security, Machine Learning, and Data Pipeline Operations.
- Experience with building analytic solutions applicable to Sales, Finance, Product, and Marketing organizations in an enterprise.
- Experience implementing operational best practices such as monitoring, alerting, metadata management.
- Experience managing, measuring, improving data quality in a data warehouse.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.