Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for handling challenging tasks that will drive submission of Resolution Plans. Leverages experience to comply with key Company regulatory objectives. The role supports (and as applicable leads) the development and submission of resolution plans and maintenance of resolution planning capabilities. Works under minimal supervision.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Resolution Plan (RP) objectives and strategies so as to guide other parts of the organization
- Develop processes and frameworks in support of operationalizing the end-to-end resolution planning program including resolution planning strategies and capabilities
- Own specific work streams to drive resolution planning activities across the organization in alignment with regulatory guidance for production of RP materials and initiatives which enhance resolvability
- Coordinate with all levels of personnel across Discover’s internal teams, including Legal, Accounting, Corporate Risk Management, Treasury, Business Technology, HR, Card, Consumer Banking and other business areas, to ensure the timely submission of the Resolution Plan.
- Manage the execution of key foundational elements such as modification to resolution plan strategies, designation of Core Business Lines, Franchise Components and Material Legal Entities and support key resolution plan initiatives such as virtual data room, identification of critical services, mapping of systems and vendors, key personnel identification etc.
- Own and author specific sections within the resolution plan document
- Participate in various governance meetings with senior management including, preparing governance materials to drive senior management understanding of the resolution plan and facilitate approval of key components and support development of RP Policy, Procedures and controls in alignment with FDIC’s modified approach
- Manage the FDIC’s engagement and capabilities testing exercises to ensure smooth execution
- Manage a team of 1 analyst in support of resolution planning activities
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Experience in the Financial Services industry particularly in the areas of Treasury, Finance, or Risk Management
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in Finance, Treasury, Risk Management, or related
- Experience at Big 4 or similar consulting firms in Resolution Planning
- CPA, CFA
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.