Principal Software Engineer - Full Stack at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
The Data warehouse team provides and supports platforms for the Analytical, Operational and Reporting units for the Discover enterprise. We support Credit Card, Banking, Payments, and Corporate Services as well as business process automation and optimization. Our data warehouse unites all the data sources in one solution, maintaining the security, trust, and data integrity. We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who will work closely with application teams focusing on databases, cost optimization, and automation.
Responsible for administration and management of the Snowflake database environment. Support of Teradata environment and Redshift Applications/Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Develops, enhances and adheres to engineering and administration standards.
Upholds and maintains strong documentation.
- Develops and maintains complex front-ends with a focus on user experience
- Develops and maintains backend systems
- Uses holistic knowledge of all products in the team’s ecosystem to plan how new systems will be built and integrated
- Innovates on and advocates for best practices and improved processes within the team and with internal partners; stays up to date with technology trends and innovations; mentors team members
- Creates and maintains devops processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models)
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity
- Work closely with Data engineers to tune queries, implement physical models, design and implement secure data sharing.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related experience
- 8+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related experience.
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related experience
- 6 or more years of experience building, managing and administering data platforms like Snowflake, Teradata, Redshift, and other Data Warehouse data platforms. Cloud/AWS and on prem technology
- 3 years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Scientific-computing experience (Python, R, ML)
- 1-3 years of supporting a large data platform and data pipelining.
- Knowledge of ETL tools (such as Abinitio) and BI tools (Tableau, SAS)
- Knowledge of Graph databases
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.