PRINCIPAL SOLUTION ARCHITECT, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
To provide architecture solution services and counsel to digital and business driven projects and manage enterprise technology footprint. The position provides leadership direction and accountability for strategic system and application architecture plans, technology design and lifecycle, and information integrity by promoting reuse through Enterprise Architecture processes/reviews and standard compliance practices. A Principal Digital Architect will determine and develop architectural approaches and solutions, conduct architectural reviews and recommend how to proceed with the applications (replace, retire, maintain, etc.)
JOB DUTIES: As a Principal Digital Architect you will be part of the Data & Analytics architecture team responsible for developing data strategy, establishing data standards, designing data management tool strategy, and supporting overall digital platform architecture.
- Lead approach to mature data architecture capabilities for relational and NoSQL modeling
- Lead/participate effort to identify and drive selection of platform and data management technologies to meet capability gaps in the data platform
- Responsible/participate for building strategy for data domains working closely with business partners and data SMEs
- Lead/participate in business projects that will leverage enterprise data platform
- Support effort to develop enterprise data model and data catalog for digital platform
- Develop and/or support data standards for the enterprise data platform
- Support data design governance activities to manage data standards and solution design
- Expected to keep up with emerging trends & technologies, new startups in big data and analytics and keep abreast of latest related research
- Mentor and coach architects to develop talent pipeline of information and integration architects
- Support efforts to migrate legacy systems to enterprise data platforms
- Be an evangelist to promote understanding and usage of enterprise data to build digital applications
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a Computer Science or Information Technology, or related field
- 12+ years of progressive IT software engineering and architecture experience related to data management, data integration, and data pipelines for relational and NoSQL / documented databases such as Snowflake, Postgres, Hadoop etc.
- Strong demonstratable experience delivering product design and architecture for enterprise scale solutions in public cloud (AWS, Azure) and hybrid eco-systems.
- Strong understanding of Agile SDLC implementation and DevOps processes in public cloud eco-system including environments management, test automation, peer review, CI/CD, resource optimization, etc. and use of technologies like Jenkins, Chef Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation Templates etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to deal with sensitive issues, mentor and coach and/or persuade others on new technologies, new applications, or potential solutions.
Top candidates will also have:
- Keen self-interest in keeping up with emerging technologies and acquire practical knowledge on how to apply them for business use
- Experience with programming languages like Java, Python etc.
- Strong leadership skills to communicate and influence business and IT leaders
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and mentoring architects, technical leads, and developers
- Familiarity with ML and data analytics (AWS preferred)
- Understanding of enterprise data integration and analytical/Machine Learning services
- Hands-on development experience in public cloud environment (AWS preferred)
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .