Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for implementing and enhancing the Fair Lending (FL) program by conducting statistical analysis & testing for identifying Fair Lending risk across all DFS's mortgage and non-mortgage products. Manages the life cycle of statistical testing in compliance with all applicable fair lending laws and regulations and provide qualitative and quantitative results, partner with other areas such as Enterprise Compliance Program team or First line business teams to evaluate consumer lending practices.Responsibilities
- Performs and maintains in-house statistical analytical programs for identifying fair lending risks using strong econometrics and programming skills plus regression analysis and statistical techniques including but not limited to disparate impact testing, mortgage, personal lending, student loan and home equity loan businesses.
- Fair Lending testing includes designing the testing components and flow, data preparation, FL model development, documentation, and refinement.
- Assists in evaluating internal and external practices, including regulatory and peer institution practices, to ensure DFS is using "best in class" statistical and analytical methods, while adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates exiting testing methodologies to ensure validity, efficiency, and accuracy and build new experimental designs/proof of concepts to evaluate new statistical methods that can be applicable in enhancing and solidify the current testing framework.
- Develop and implement in-house processes for data mining, data assessment, validation, analysis, and correction to determine any limitations on reliability or usability of the data for conducting the analysis & testing.
- Assist with developing and reviewing fair lending policies, procedures, and training materials for fair lending testing, new-hire training and manage business continuity.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics
- 4+ years of experience in Statistics, Statistical modeling, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics or other quantitative discipline.
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or any related field with relevant modeling/analytical experience, including a Bachelor's Degree.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Ph. D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics
- 6+ years of experience in Statistics, Statistical modeling, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics or other quantitative discipline.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.