Procurement Analyst at Optiver
Optiver is looking for a Procurement Analyst to help enable and advance the business’ technology strategy in an operationally sound and cost effective manner. The Procurement function, within the TechOps team, drives strategic initiatives to ensure Optiver is buying goods and services in the most efficient way at the most competitive prices. We firmly believe in balancing a safe, orderly production environment with profitability and sustainable growth.
The team focuses on operational excellence and continuous improvement, which equips them with the ability to drive these wide-ranging initiatives forward consistently with efficiency and diligence while collaborating with all areas of the business. As a member of the Procurement team, you will individually drive a wide variety of projects, from the first strategy session through project completion.
If you are interested in gaining experience in both the business and technical sides of a market making trading firm while gaining Procurement experience, this role will provide that opportunity.
What You’ll Do:
- Process Development – Design and Implement continuous updates to the Procurement process in an effort to make the process more efficient and mature. Identify inefficiencies and build project plans to address and improve the internal purchasing experience
- Daily Procurement Operations – Oversee day-to-day purchasing - working with A/P, Legal, technical teams, and vendors to purchase routine hardware, software, and services in a standardized fashion. Track renewals of recurring spend to facilitate timely contract review and execution. Lead proactive communication with internal stakeholders with updates on expected timelines and progress of purchase requests
- Strategic Sourcing – Create and run competitive sourcing events (RFx) to solicit best pricing and terms from vendors. This will include working with internal stakeholders to design scopes, creating cost and savings models, and coordinating internal and external participation and communication
- Contract and Pricing Review – Ensure price competitiveness of quotes by soliciting bids from other vendors and reviewing against past purchases of similar goods and services. Review business terms to ensure quote/contracts from vendors match contracting standards
- Vendor Relationship Management – Conduct regular vendor performance reviews to identify areas to improve service and transparency with highest spend vendors. Work with vendors to remediate any issues in the supply chain that may impact goods and service fulfillment
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in a technical environment
- A high aptitude for understanding the technical components we buy to support our trading and corporate infrastructure
- The ability to multitask and drive multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong risk awareness and the ability to identify imminent risks
- Ability to identify and resolve operational inefficiencies
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Attention to detail, diligence, and a high personal bar for performance expectations
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for
employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver US is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so.