Product Data Scientist (Remote) at Fetch Rewards
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 7M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Apply advanced analytics and data science methods - e.g. statistics, experiment design, segmentation strategies - to help grow the business.
- Partner with product, operations, and engineering teams to guide decision-making and inform improvements to the app and internal processes.
- Quantify the impact of business and engineering initiatives.
- Define and operationalize the tracking of both company-wide and department-specific KPIs.
- Design experiments to derive insights that guide key business, product and engineering decisions.
- Deliver presentations to high level business stakeholders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data and visualizations.
- Build interactive dashboards that allow for tracking of key metrics, segmentation, and product understanding.
- Search for and uncover insights in our repository of raw data, and provide tactical guidance on how to act on findings.
- Search for and integrate new data (both internal and external) that improves our understanding of Fetch users and our consumer facing products.
- Use technologies such as Python, Spark, SQL, Snowflake, DBT, Airflow, Tableau, AWS, Docker, and Git.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years of data science experience.
- Enjoy working in an agile, fast-paced, startup environment.
- Possess the desire and capability to influence business and engineering decisions.
- Are able to apply the scientific method to better understand user/product relationships.
- Can collaborate effectively with both business users and engineers to “connect the dots”, troubleshoot data discrepancies, and build analytics solutions.
- Are proficient in SQL and at least one programming language.
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or any other Quantitative field.
- Love Dogs! . . . Or at least tolerate them. We're a very canine-friendly workplace!
You have an edge if you:
- Have 5+ years of data science experience.
- Designed and delivered analytics/statistical projects for a large-scale consumer application.
- Are biased towards solving problems from a customer-centric lens and an intuitive sense for how the work aligns closely with business objectives.
- Are familiar with working on cross-functional teams and communicating with leadership across various departments.
- Are proficient with the technologies in our toolkit, such as Python, Spark, SQL, Snowflake, DBT, Airflow, Tableau, AWS, Docker, and Git.