Production Planning Analyst
Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
As the Production Planning Analyst you are the backbone of the company’s production schedule and metrics. In this critical role you will tell our warehouse team what ingredients to requisition, inform our processing team how much of each ingredient to wash/chop/cook/etc, and ensure our assembly team knows how many of each of our products to produce. You will capture key production metrics and surface trends to the management team. We are looking for an efficiency expert to help us analyze, cultivate, and improve our production planning, model and process.
In a typical week, the Production Planning Analyst will...
- Generate the reports required by all floor teams (production, inventory, warehouse) to execute their daily responsibilities
- Identify opportunities to optimize requisition and production plans taking into account the intricacies and complexities of each recipe and daily production capacity
- Analyze ingredient usage and yields and surface trends to help the team achieve production volume goals and cost targets
- Develop and maintain the weekly production scorecard to assess the effectiveness of production as well as the accuracy of the production planning model
- Successfully balance multiple competing priorities within a rapid growth environment to create a schedule for production that maximizes production efficiencies
What we're looking for in a Production Planning Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Ability to synthesize complex data into actionable goals
- Strong analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and challenges
- The ability to operate in ambiguous situations and be flexible as the organization changes and grows - we are in a new place every quarter!
- Efficiency minded - You are analytical and passionate about process improvement
- Openly collaborative - We hope you like working with cross functional teams!
- Flexible and Available - Willing to work odd hours when needed - we are a 24-7 operation and developing/managing aspects of our system may sometimes mean working outside the typical 9-5
- Learning as you go - There are a ton of challenges to building something new, so we need people who embrace challenges and failure as opportunities to grow and improve
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
- Traditional Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Daily Fridge Credits. You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge
- Monthly cell phone credit
- 401(k) + Company Match
- Volunteer Opportunities. We love to engage with our community and participate in events that are aligned with our mission
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures