Promotions Analytics Manager, Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 300+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,300,000 unique products.
Zoro is looking for a talented leader to influence our promotional analytics strategy. As the Promotion Analytics Manager on Zoro's analytics team, you will partner with various business leaders to develop the frameworks, methodology and processes to increase the effectiveness of our promotional strategy. The ideal candidate will have successfully managed a promotional analytics function at a medium to large organization, with a focus on performance and forecasting strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become the Zoro subject matter expert of all things related to promotional analytics.
- Define Promotion data and analytics roadmap to provide the business with accurate promotion data, reporting, and insights.
- Create a customer reporting framework to create visibility of Promotional performance across all offer types like Dollar's off, % off, Tier, BOGO, exc. across audience, channels, placement, and category.
- Determine opportunity areas where innovative analytical solutions may be used to drive business growth, create analysis, and develop recommendations.
- Collaborate with Promotions team and financial stakeholders to create a promotional planning and forecasting strategy, implementing projects to increase efficiency, accuracy, and usability of internal data.
- Partner with business to define clear objectives that will lead to incremental revenue and margin performance.
- Help define data mining of Zoro's promotion and transactional information to produce actionable insights that drive organizational strategy.
- Position is an individual contributor and has no direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field required. MBA preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years' experience in a financial, promotional, or analytical role with medium to large ecommerce, retail, or finance organization.
- 3+ years' experience in a hands-on, promotional focused data analytics, or strategy role.
- Strong presentation skills with successful experience presenting complex concepts simply in order to drive decisions and consensus.
- Outstanding and proven project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects in a high-pressure, tight-deadline environment.
- Proven ability to extract fact-based, high-impact business insights from Promotional and transactional data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Proactive, with a sense of ownership about one's work, and able to work with limited supervision and deliver spot-on results.
- Experience with SQL, Python or R, and creating data visualizations in Google Data Studio, Tableau preferred
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.