Quantitative Researcher - Fixed Income (Chicago, IL)
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
IMC is a leading global market maker, using algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading venues worldwide. We provide liquidity to the financial markets, driving efficiencies for buyers and sellers.
Founded in 1989, we are an ambitious, innovative company and identified early on the importance technology would play in the fast-paced evolution of trading. This entrepreneurial spirit still drives us today and can be found in all of our offices around the world.
We now operate globally from offices in Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. Our employees work closely together in multidisciplinary teams, making our success possible.
Technology - At IMC, technology is not a department, it is at the heart of everything we do. Our technologists push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Trading – Although our traders come from many backgrounds they all have one thing in common: they are at their best solving complex problems. Their insight into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we are trading in the right place, at the right time.
Business Support - Around the world, IMC’s business support teams are essential for sustaining our success. In our dynamic environment, we have many exciting challenges and multidisciplinary opportunities to shape our operations and make a real impact.
Our employees are our greatest asset so we give them lots of responsibility and the support they need to make a difference. Our flat structure fosters a culture of openness and collaboration, encouraging the sharing of ideas and knowledge. It makes no difference if you have been with us for three days or three years, the best idea wins.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun; whether solving complex challenges or in team building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute towards a better society through our foundation.
IMC is looking for Fixed Income quantitative researchers to develop trading strategies and pricing models across the US Interest Rate Curve. Candidates will join an effort of combining IMC’s market making and execution expertise with modeling of US Government Bonds and yield curve valuation. Candidates will be responsible for developing Bond pricing and risk models that will then be integrated with our current futures, options and ETF strategies.
Once on board, candidates will join a growing team that will be essential to all aspects of IMC’s trading. They will contribute not only to modeling of pricing and risk but also work with developers in design and implementation of a robust framework that allows for new ideas to be researched, tested, and put into production in a timely manner.
- Understand the current suite of models and algorithms with the aim to integrate new Fixed Income specific functionality and risk types.
- Combine knowledge of systems, mathematical techniques and trading to identify the best places to improve our trading system
- Rapidly research, test, and prototype new algorithmic ideas, preferably with Python.
- See through the high quality implementation of ideas to full-scale production trading.
Skill and Experience Requirements
- 2+ years experience as a quantitative researcher with specific experience in pricing of US Government Bonds or Treasury Bond basis.
- Familiarity with STIR products and Corporate Fixed Income products.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (graduate or post graduate), with strong academic results, preference in mathematics, science, financial engineering or computer science.
- Strong programming skills, Python, Java or C++ preferred
- Proven success in quantitative modelling and algorithm development
OUR HIRING PROCESS
To set you up for success, you can find our hiring process including tips on applying and interviewing with us on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start an amazing journey with IMC.