Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
At IMC we are committed to staying at the cutting edge of quantitative research and are looking for a talented quantitative analyst to join at the core of this effort.
You will be given resources and opportunities to effectively impact our global trading strategies.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Collaborate with traders to evaluate existing models and suggest improvements
- Build custom analysis tools to explore new research ideas
- Design mathematical models based upon trading ideas
- Apply rigorous analytical and quantitative techniques to solve complex problems
- Implement these new models and launch them into production
- Conduct best practice to keep our eco-system logical and consistent
WHO YOU ARE:
- MS or PhD in a highly quantitative field of study
- At least 2 years of professional experience in financial services or a quantitative environment
- Proven success in quantitative modelling and algorithm development
- Experience using scientific python
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization.
WHO WE ARE:
IMC is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.