QUANTITATIVE TRADER at Geneva Trading
How You Can Make an Impact
We are looking for Quantitative Traders to join our growing futures trading teams in Chicago. Our Quantitative Traders work in a concerted effort with other team members and have first line responsibility to help meet team goals while remaining within the company’s defined risk and capital allocation limits. The ideal candidate has a passion for the financial markets, a strong work ethic, and previous systemic trading experience.
- Proven ability to research and identify profitable trading opportunities
- Design, maintain, enhance and test trading strategies and business opportunities for our futures market making high-frequency trading (HFT) team
- Utilize quantitative and statistical methods to complete data-driven projects
- Analyze trading performance and new market opportunities with fundamental statistical theories
- Conduct research to improve risk management, revenue capture, and market coverage
- Use a systemic and data-driven approach to automate trading strategies
- Contribute to libraries of analytic tools for market data analytics and trade strategy optimization
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the technology team to understand, maintain, and improve our electronic trading systems
- Manage risk and has a detailed knowledge of all risk procedures
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or related field; MS degree preferred
- Minimum of 2+ years of systematic futures trading experience required
- Basic knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Q (kdb), VBA, etc.)
- Competitive personality, interest in a game of chance, inquisitive, and proactive
- Working knowledge of game theory, forecasting and data mining techniques
- Proven interest in monetizing statistical patterns across global markets
- Comfort working within a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago, Dublin, and Singapore. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to complete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.