Reporting and Visualization Specialist
GoHealth has an ambitious mission: to improve the health care system in America. Achieving this mission relies on hiring and developing great people, which is why our team is our top priority. We encourage employees to do their best work through innovation and risk taking. Our environment is fun yet constructive, thanks to leaders whose doors are always open. And most importantly, we’ll never stop investing in you and your career.
GoHealth is looking for a Reporting and Visualization Specialist to join its Strategic Analytics Center of Excellence. This expert will be responsible for using a combination of descriptive and diagnostic analytics to build interactive visualizations that give senior business leaders the actionable insights necessary to make strategic decisions and create enterprise value across the company. Due to the dynamic nature of the Strategic Analytics team, and this role in particular, we seek entrepreneurial candidates with the ability to derive analytical insights from a variety of business contexts and communicate those insights effectively through a range of creative and intuitive visualizations.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 3+ years experience using descriptive and diagnostic analytics to help guide strategic decision-making in a business context
- Experience managing multi-faceted projects and demonstrating the ability to effectively plan and prioritize work to create impact as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Proven ability to create visualizations and reports in Tableau that are dynamic, intuitive, and easily interpretable for a range of user types
- Understanding of how to apply analytics to a business and/or healthcare environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Math, Statistics, Social Sciences or another field with a quantitative component
- Proven ability to take insights and turn them into actionable steps that can drive business value
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing to colleagues with varying degrees of analytical knowledge and understanding
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Build creative and interactive Tableau dashboards that can be used intuitively by business leaders to gain insights that drive strategic decision-making
- Create and improve reports that give business leaders and their teams consistent and reliable insights to help identify issues and quickly take the steps necessary to improve performance
- Understand GoHealth’s business processes, including the role that each business unit plays in supporting the company’s ultimate objectives
- Continually identify new data-based insights that can help support GoHealth’s processes and improve customer decision-making processes
- Deliver on ad-hoc data requests from business users while building reports and dashboards to help reduce the need for these requests
- Compile data from a variety of sources including Excel, SQL Server and MySQL
- Identify additional data sets that can drive strategy, improve decision making, and automate processes
- You’ve been doing advanced data analysis and dashboard development using Tableau (or comparable visualization tool) for at least a few years.
- You may have used SQL for building data sets and data validation, and aren’t afraid to go outside of your comfort zone to solve a problem and broaden your skills.
- You are passionate about building effective and clean visualizations that deliver impactful information without requiring unnecessary interpretation from the end user.
- You are very detail-oriented and creative when it comes to improving business processes and reporting.
- You are able to work collaboratively to design solutions based on minimal information.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and are able to take a complex business request and transform it into a clean, simple data solution.
- You are able to educate less technical users on complex concepts, tailored to the audience.
- Experience with server administration in Tableau, is required!
- You have an agile mindset and believe in delivering smaller projects more quickly in order to provide value and gain feedback in a production environment.
- Open vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Medical, life, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer