Reports Developer - Looker at Yello
We’ve all had a recruiting experience that stands out, either because it was magical or ‘oh so horrible.’
The technology that recruiting teams use to find, connect with, and advance talent often shapes a candidate’s experience. Yello’s software enables employers to recruit effectively and efficiently. If it excites you to be a part of a team that helps some of the world’s largest brands connect with their talent, then come grow your career with Yello.
Founded in 2008, Yello is a venture-backed talent acquisition software company that empowers Fortune 500 and fast-growing enterprise companies to find the best talent for their organizations. Our solutions helps recruiters love their work — and helps people early in their careers find their dream job.
~We believe in bringing our authentic selves to work.
~We are hungry to learn and are forever curious.
~We do what’s right for our customers, leading with our expertise.
~We are proactive.
~And last but not least, we strive to start with empathy in all of our interactions.
About The Role
This role will define and drive best practices and standards for Yello’s reporting suite. This role will join an existing data services team charged with ensuring the delivery of business insights from data that Yello collects. This role works closely with the architects, data engineers and data stewards to produce reporting solutions that are performant and maintainable. This role will have the opportunity to work with machine learning to drive the business insights to the next level.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications to design, build and deploy BI dashboards and business analytics.
- Build complex SQL queries to transform, cleanse, and validate data for the data warehouse based on business rules and requirements.
- Ensure Yello’s platform can continue to meet the needs of our fast-growing customer base and enable new product development opportunities.
What We're Looking For
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree or equivalent experience required
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in business intelligence (BI) reporting.
- 1-3 years working experience with Looker reporting tool, building complex visualizations, LookML code, and leveraging advanced Looker techniques is a must.
- Proficient in SQL - must be able to build and performance tune complex transformation, reporting, and validation queries, preferably in PostgreSQL, to ensure accuracy, scalability, and maintainability of code.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to take complex business requests and transform them into clean, simple, data driven solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with other engineers as well as internal/external stakeholders.
- Experience with ETL technologies, in particular pySpark/python.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, etc), especially utilizing serverless technologies such as AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, etc.
- Experience with dimensional data modeling.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.