Repurchase Analyst at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
The successful candidate will have significant quality control or recent Fannie/Freddie underwriting experience in a production setting where he/she reviewed all aspects of the file, issued the conditional approval and cleared the conditions. Intimate knowledge of Fannie/Freddie guidelines is required. The position requires a keen sense of problem solving and thinking outside of the box to obtain solutions. Must be fluid at sourcing guidelines and resourceful on the internet. The candidate must be comfortable reaching out to individuals to solicit documentation from older closed loans. Either a well-developed underwriting or quality control back ground is required.
• Review investors repurchase letters and determine the validity of the allegations.
• Find solution to repurchase allegations.
• Underwriter files to assure compliance with investor guidelines.
• Write memorandums on analysis findings and attach supporting documents.
• Mortgage Credit analysis.
• Complete knowledge of secondary market guidelines (Fannie Mae/FHMLC).
• Excellent appraisal analysis.
• Mortgage loan problem solving.
• Well developed writing skills.
• Production mortgage loan underwriting experience.
• Ability to use Excel, Word, Outlook software.
• Strong appraisal analysis skills.
• Maintain spreadsheets.
• Ability to multi‐task.
• Ability professionally communicate with personnel both inside and outside of office.
• Ability to think outside the box in solving problems.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.