RESEARCH ANALYST - GAMES at NielsenIQ
RESEARCH ANALYST - GAMES
Home Based - UK
ABOUT THIS JOB
Imagine working closely with the world’s biggest video game publishers, hardware manufacturers, and marketers to help them better understand the video gaming audience and to achieve success in creating and marketing products that evolve with the fast-paced gaming category. With best-in-class research and predictive analytical tools, the Nielsen BASES team is uniquely positioned to consult with clients and provide insights and intelligence to drive more effective decision making.
A Research Analyst executes custom consumer research, concept testing, and forecasting, developing an expertise that they can use to advise clients on marketing and product launch plans. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of and passion for the video game industry.
- Execute marketing research studies by compiling, quality checking, analyzing, and interpreting marketing research data
- Understand and analyze in-market data and other available Nielsen data to inform forecasts and adjust model outputs appropriately
- Participate in client meetings and presentations as needed
- Execute marketing research studies by contributing to consumer survey content in addition to compiling, analyzing and interpreting market research data, writing client reports and constructing presentations
- Develop concept tests for client communication, marketing optimization and go to market strategy
- Reviews data for errors and inconsistencies
- Reviews and provides feedback during survey development phase
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
With your analytical skills and ability to explain complex results in a client-friendly manner, you can understand our clients’ most pressing needs and deliver the forecasts and reports that will meet them. Your knowledge of market research and forecasting, strength in project management, and passion for gaming will enable you to conduct insightful, tailored marketing research studies for our clients.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification
- Strong record of academic achievement
- Passion for the gaming industry
- Market research experience including branding and multi-country projects
- Analytical proficiency
- Intellectual curiosity
- Client service mentality
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in marketing research or a related field
- Experience in packaged goods, entertainment, or video game categories
- Experience with Nielsen services and forecasting models
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.