Research Analyst (The Studio) at dscout
We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Lyft, Nike, REI, and IDEO use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team in our Chicago HQ, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Research Analyst to join our Studio Team. Think of dscout's Studio as a full-service, mixed-methods research consulting group. We also happen to be some of the dscout platform's biggest power-users. On our Studio Team, you take on the most challenging projects our clients have: investigating emerging trends, clarifying business opportunities, testing the boundaries of iconic brands, and vetting new-to-the-world products and services, all while pushing our own products to the limit.
Research Analysts combine two qualities we prize at dscout: an incredible attention to detail and an insatiable curiosity about human beings. Strange combination? Not for a dscout Research Analyst. You will spend your days organizing hours of video research while sifting and searching for interesting themes, tagging large data sets that mask unique patterns, and helping to create missions that are easy for respondents to complete while capturing the nuances of human behavior we’re after. You are excited about research design, analysis, synthesis, and storytelling; as well as delivering exceptional experiences and deliverables for clients. If this sounds like you and you are excited for the challenge, we would love for you to apply today!
Curious to know more about our team and the work we do? Visit https://dscout.com/the-studio!
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Collaborate with your Research Lead and other Research Analysts in developing research plans and identifying specific methodologies that respond to clients’ needs
- Become a product expert on the dscout platform including: programming research studies, managing/coaching research participants (we call them Scouts), and troubleshooting any technical or functional issues
- Code and tag research in order to identify trends/themes that lead to impactful insights for the client
- Communicate with the project’s client team to share any new developments, insights, or directions
- Participate in a team data review (both qualitative and quantitative) in an effort to validate or challenge hypotheses made earlier in the research
- Collaborate with the project team to develop a cogent, creative, and compelling storyline for the project’s final deliverable
- Provide design direction on assets created for final deliverables
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- BA/BS in anthropology, sociology, market research, design research or a related field (or equivalent work experience); MA/MS in these areas is also nice to have, but not required
- 2+ years of experience in consumer research, design research, or a related field
- An appreciation for and understanding of digital research tools
- A passion for consumer research, for learning about how people behave, and for digging into how and why they do what they do
- An understanding and appreciation of both the qualitative, story-driven side of research and the quantitative, evidence-driven side
- A keen eye for detail and knack for not letting things, big and small, fall through the cracks
- Experience in or familiarity with all phases of research, including planning, recruiting, fielding, analysis, synthesis, deliverable creation and presenting
- Experience in taking initiative on assignments, and multitasking efficiently and effectively across responsibilities
- Experience in and an appreciation for collaborative and solo work environments
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to present self and work in a professional manner
- A positive attitude and a willingness to go above-and-beyond for your clients and your teammates
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Google Drive
- Bonus points if you have experience using Keynote, InDesign, or FinalCut Pro
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. And open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful River North workspace, in the heart of lots of places to eat, drink, and play.
- Plenty of snacks, drinks, and caffeine to keep you powered throughout the day, and a weekly happy hour to relax with the team.