Research Director - B2B Services at G2
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 650,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About the Role
G2, Inc. is seeking a Research Director with a B2B Services background to join its Buyer Research team. The Research Director will be responsible for leading G2's B2B Services category team, ensuring the accuracy of B2B Services categorization and supporting overall growth in the set of B2B Services categories.
The Research Director, B2B Services is responsible for researching, writing and advising buyers about trends and products in B2B Services. The director must have a deep understanding of current B2B Services trends.
- Category Expertise: Serves as a subject matter expert on B2B Services, and organizational digital transformation initiatives related to B2B Services including IT Services / System Integration Services, Outsourcing, VAR’s/VAD’s and business services.
- Thought-leadership: A demonstrated thought leader in B2B Services and the ability to deliver credible content in a variety of formats on the subject.
- Category development: Take appropriate actions to grow the business in the assigned categories through sales support, business development, partner development and other methods as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degrees a plus
- 10 years of directly applicable industry and/or research experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage a team
- Track record of successful business development with vendors in the B2B Services industry
- Demonstrate a track record of content development and delivery
- Ability to deliver public presentations and represent G2 at industry events
- Self-starter requiring minimal direct oversight
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to influence across G2.
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to travel approximately 30%+
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.