Research Principal (Security Software) at G2
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 650,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About the Role
G2 is seeking a Research Principal with expertise in the security software markets. The Research Principal conducts innovative research and delivers advice through written reports, buyer advisory, media inquiries and speaking engagements. They are responsible for maintaining category integrity in the security software & Related spaces, ensuring software products and associate services are properly categorized, fielding buyer and vendor inquiries, and working with the Category Director and Chief Research Officer to add emerging software categories to the site.
G2 has millions of data points across thousands of products and services. Research Principals are tasked with understanding our unique data and information through both intentional research and direct engagement with software and service buyers.
We’re looking for a self-motivated individual with exceptional writing and verbal skills and an analytical eye to help us tell meaningful, data-driven stories and share insights and trends in interesting ways.
- Research software products, service providers, and industries
- Be the authority in the security software space, develop a deep understanding of what software buyers need to know to make informed buying decisions
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of industry trends and how they impact software buyers/users
- Engage and assist software and service buyers through the decision-making process
- Write in-depth research reports, articles and web content
- Maintain product and category data to support quality content production
- Assist with answering questions from visitors to the site
- Collaborate with the rest of the G2 market research team to develop and deliver new types of research offerings
- 3-5+ years of market research, analyst or security-specific experience preferred
- Proven experience and knowledge in the security software markets
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in related discipline
- Experience developing surveys and collecting, analyzing and acting on data
- Have a curiosity and desire to dig deep into trends and topics, making them accessible to software buyers
- Strong writing, secondary research and listening skills
- Fast learner who can work independently
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience interacting with software buyers and vendors is a plus
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.