Research Science Tech Lead
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Own and oversee large scale technical implementations of internal machine learning models
- Develop algorithms to tackle important business problems
- Utilize data mining and machine learning methods to extract insights and drive business value
- Advise other Research Scientists on best practices and methodologies
- Contribute to GrubHub’s research roadmap to help identify areas we can improve the business
You Should Have
- Strong experience in machine learning and statistics with deep knowledge in multiple different techniques
- Demonstrated ability to write clean and performant code in both Spark and python
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong mentorship and leadership skills with demonstrated experience collaborating with team members on delivering large scale software projects
- Profficent SQL or related languages (Hive, Pig)
Got these? Even better:
- Experience in algorithm design and implementation
- Experience in simulation design for business use cases
- Strong experience and exposure to randomization techniques in trials
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.