Retail Marketing Insights Analyst
About Camelot Illinois:
Camelot Illinois has been awarded the contract as the new private manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande, the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery, the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Marketing function will reinvigorate the Illinois Lottery brand through innovative insight-led programs such as enhanced games, effective social messaging and original advertising campaigns.
To provide comprehensive analysis and reporting of the retail channel to support the insight, operations, sales and marketing functions.
- To develop and implement a suite of self service reports for the Sales and Marketing teams, ensuring they are able to make decisions founded on robust retail insight.
- To work with the BI team to continually optimize this reporting suite, driving an efficient self-serve culture.
- Continuously seek and develop new analysis, dashboard and data visualization techniques and capabilities to drive retail insight.
- Deliver holistic Retail Channel Insight underpinned by consumer and macro consumer, shopper, customer, market, competitor & international trends to drive the category & brand strategy in Channel.
- Design and analyze retail based trials using an A/B, test/control approach, providing clear business direction on the impact of retail/channel marketing initiatives.
- Analyze and interpret retail sales and customer data in an efficient way to drive insight and knowledge across brands, categories and customers In depth knowledge of the retail environment, its customers and channels and experience of retail segmentation for tactical and strategic planning across the channel.
- Take Information from multiple sources (sales, consumer, customer and macro trends) to formulate insight and provide recommendations and options.
- Working with various databases.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent related experience.
- 1 plus years of insights analysis experience.
- Experience developing business reporting and KPI dashboards for a full picture of channel, customer and consumer performance.
- Experience working with sales teams to understanding customer data and use in analysis and benchmarking.
- Business Objects experience.
- Proven analytical skills in a CPG or Retail environment.
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to present confidently to senior management creating compelling stories from complex data sets.
- In-depth knowledge of the retail environment, its customers and channels and experience of retail segmentation for tactical and strategic planning across the channels.
- Experience with syndicated data.
- Prepares data and runs statistical analyses in SPSS to support market research.
- Excel and other dashboard & analytical tools.
- Project management skills and proven experience in managing analysis projects from brief to insight delivery.
- Strong commercial awareness and proven experience of incorporating financial awareness and business implications into the recommendations derived from holistic insight.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience working within the Microsoft Suites and/or Google Suite technologies.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.