Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 800,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Avant is looking for a resourceful, self-driven Risk Analyst who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment to join the Auto Finance team. The Analyst will join the core team behind Avant’s newest product and its first in the Automotive space. We are looking for an analytical thinker with high attention to detail and the ability to communicate complex information. This is an opportunity to shape a product by design and optimizing business strategy in real time.
What you do at Avant:
- Create system monitoring and reporting tools
- Collaborate with Risk, Data Science, and Engineering stakeholders among other teams
- Perform analyses of historical and benchmark data to help inform decision making
- Contribute to the development of risk policies and experiment design
- Create and present executive level content for product optimization
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 4-year degree with preference for applied math (or similar quantitative/STEM discipline)
- 2+ years experience with data analysis, preferred in fintech or consumer finance space
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and comfort with public presentations
- Ability to maintain high attention to detail with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with common office tools (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Sheets)
- Experience with data manipulation tools (e.g., Excel, R, Python, SQL)
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau)
Check out our Avant Blog!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.