Risk Analyst at IMC Trading
IMC – Where Technology drives Trading
Are you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo? Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
Risk Management at IMC
IMC is currently looking for a Risk Analyst to be a part of the US Risk Management Team. The risk management team operates closely with our trading and technology teams in order to manage the inherent risks in IMC’s trading strategies across various technologies. We are looking for someone with a critical, quantitative and proactive hands-on approach. It will be your challenge to support the risk assessment and management responsibilities for market, credit, liquidity, operational, and regulatory risks. In addition, you will be responsible for monitoring and enhancing risk management’s intraday monitoring tools and reports. To excel in this role you will use your experience and your analytical skills to add value, not bureaucracy to the business.
As a Risk Analyst at IMC, you’ll assist in managing the day-to-day risk management functions including monitoring and analyzing market, credit, operational, and liquidity risks. You’ll also:
- Monitor market risk and capital requirements reports and escalate breaches to the Head of Risk
- Evaluate operational incident reports for potential financial impact and follow up with relevant teams for incident resolution
- Maintain the day-to-day Risk monitoring and reporting infrastructure framework
- Build, enhance, and automate basic risk reporting tools and monitors
- Collaborate with global risk team members to design and enhance global risk reports
- Assist in refining risk management strategies in response to financial market developments and regulatory changes
- Contribute to risk management’s risk control self-assessment through analyzing potential impact and likelihood of risk events
Who We Are:
IMC is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the financial risk management field with a quantitative and technical background
- Strong academic background in quantitative fields such as statistics, financial mathematics, or computer science
- Foundational understanding of exchange-traded derivative products and trading strategies
- Basic knowledge of data processing and analysis technologies (SQL, Hadoop, Python, or similar)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
- A proactive attitude and an out of the box-thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment