Optiver is looking for a Risk Analyst to join our ambitious, results-driven Risk Team who is focused on analyzing and improving our risk framework. The ideal candidate has an affinity for financial markets and a strong quantitative & technical background. As Risk Analyst, you will work closely with Traders to develop and improve our risk systems, methodologies, and limits.
What you'll do:
- Conduct data analysis to improve and enhance our risk framework
- Perform stress tests and analyze the risk of various trading positions
- Clearly communicate risk data and positions to key internal stakeholders
- Proactively keep track of relevant news that might impact our trading positions and strategies
- Report risk violations to the Head of Risk and the Trading department
- Collaborate with software developers to develop and maintain risk tools
- Proactively identify, capture, and evaluate risk incidents
- Analyze orders and quoting behavior of our electronic execution strategies
- Monitor regulatory capital limits
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative subject
- 0-5 years’ experience in analyst role
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of options pricing theory and the ability to understand trading strategies
- Basic knowledge of programming or scripting (Python or similar) required
- Ability to analyze large datasets using SQL or similar
- Experience using Excel and VBA
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make informed decisions in fast paced, trading environment
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver US is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so.