Risk and Compliance Manager
Risk and Compliance Manager
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better. If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up for the challenge?
The role of Compliance and Risk Manager, within the Quality Assurance team, will be responsible for ensuring that West Monroe Partner is con ducting its business in full compliance with regulations that pertain to its particular industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards and policies.
Compliance Manager must have an innate and intuitive knowledge of the company’s goals and culture, as well as of the greater industries we support. They are charged not just with creating WMP’s policies and procedures, but with educating and instituting practices that will ensure the highest possible level of compliance.
We are looking for a unique individual that has both an ethical and a pragmatic approach to compliance. This role is crucial in helping organizations managing risk and ensuring that West Monroe Partners continues to hold a positive reputation in the marketplace.
* Responding to client Security questionnaires
* Reviewing & Tracking Prospect PSA, BAA, related documents and other compliance documentation
* Ensuring that WMP is tracking to all obligations as part of contractual agreements
* Prepare responses and reporting specific to scenarios where obligations have not been met.
* Tracking obligations and deviations from standard policies
* Developing security policies and ensuring compliance of said policies
* In-flight security mitigation control audits
* Run certifications programs
* Prepare Compliance advisory, reporting and presentation materials as required.
* Work closely with Compliance, Legal and Lines of Business to draft regulatory memorandums, compliance recommendations and materials to support regulatory applications.
* Coordinate, process and maintain documentation of government, regulatory and compliance submissions including examination requests, information requests, surveys, regulatory communication, and regulatory filing.
* Prepare governance documents and monthly/quarterly reports as required. Review and verify reports for accuracy.
* Assist in compliance functions including compliance risk assessment, maintenance of compliance issues in database, incident reporting, complaint management,
* Perform administrative tasks to aid in the functioning of the Compliance Group including general administrative support for compliance committee, conference calls, meeting minutes, travel, may review vendor agreements, budget and expenses.
* Prepare and submit analysis and reporting in these areas on an as needed basis.
* A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great cross team collaboration
* A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the projects you work on
* Desire to learn - Learning and improving your craft is important for all of us, if you're constantly learning you're in a better position to create awesome new applications for our employees
* Extremely strong written, oral communication and presentation skills
* Experience in business analysis and project management in financial or other regulated industries.
* Experience leading the development of business requirements and functional specifications.
* Experience in supporting Data Governance programs, especially data quality, data dictionary and data lineage.
* Experience understanding the importance of data as the business driver and has a knowledge of the regulatory requirements (e.g. CCAR, BASEL, AML, GDPR, FATCA, HIPPA, CECL, etc.).
* Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering, finance, or similar; MBA a plus
* Consulting background preferred
In addition to base qualifications a strong compliance manager holds the following traits:
* Ethical and principled: These are the single most important qualities of a compliance manager.
* Fair and modest: Willing to scrutinize all the facts without making a snap judgment and interview any relevant employees for their perspective.
* Proactive: A honed alertness and vigilance to potential breaches in compliance. This means actively enforcing a mandatory reporting policy and seeking out any weakness in company dealings.
* Intelligent and willing to keep learning: Most industries that employ a compliance officer are subject to constantly changing legislation, so staying on top of things is vital.
* Diligent: Even when it becomes a hassle, a compliance officer must be willing to see an issue through to resolution.
* A strong constitution and extra conviction: Solid backbone and the strength to stand by difficult decisions and be more influenced by right versus wrong than by relationships. Willing to take the lead in setting the tone for corporate integrity.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.