RMHC Database Administrator at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®) creates, finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children. RMHC strives to be part of the solution to issues challenging families today. Families are challenged with how to stay near and support a hospitalized child; how to afford staying together in another city while a child is undergoing treatment; or even getting basic medical and dental care in underserved communities. We use our resources and partnerships in the community to help families gain access to healthcare services and keep families together during critical points in their children's lives.
The Marketing and Development team is responsible for the development and execution of the organization’s global marketing and fundraising strategies. Within that area of responsibility, the team is responsible for an average annual Global revenue of $50 million. Revenue and in-kind donations are secured through an array of tactics including: major gift acquisition and stewardship; individual donor campaigns; planned gift solicitation; foundation grants; corporate and supplier partnerships; McDonald’s facilitated fundraising activities and cause related marketing campaigns. In addition, MARDEV creates and executes three major special events each year that include the Family Golf Outing, the Awards of Excellence Gala and Team RMHC at the Chicago Marathon. As a companion to the fundraising efforts, MARDEV also provides communications for the Global Board of Directors, RMHC Management communications and creates the RMHC Annual Report.
The Marketing and Development Database Supervisor is responsible for managing, maintaining, and strategically enhancing donor data in support of RMHC fundraising and outreach endeavors. This position supports MARDEV’s efforts to engage the community by ensuring the integrity, security, availability, and optimal use of its constituent data. A key member of the MARDEV team, the Database Supervisor will work closely with the fundraisers and other team members to gather reporting requirements, provide critical business intelligence, and set priorities for reporting, analytics and data management.
- Establish and implement strategies to ensure that MARDEV’s data, reporting, and analytics needs are met
- Develop and coordinate policies pertaining to data health, entry, maintenance, usage, and security
- Create, document, and implement business processes and policies which improve the efficiency of database operations
- Work closely with the Development and Donor Relations Specialist to ensure fundraising activity is accurately reported
- Collaborate with RMHC technology staff to perform routine system maintenance and database upgrades
- Fulfill data requests (e.g. mail or email lists) based on urgency and departmental priorities
- Conduct routine batch uploads to database from external sources
- Provide periodic database training to MARDEV staff who are new and/or are interested in skill development
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in information technology or database systems management
- Minimum of three to five years professional experience in database management, reporting, and analytics, preferably in a position serving nonprofit fundraisers
- Ability to develop SQL queries and design Crystal Reports
- Demonstrated experience using Raiser’s Edge, RE NXT or another fundraising CRM, including ability to build queries and exports preferred
- Experience with email marketing platforms (e.g. Luminate) and data integration between multiple platforms a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to manage sensitive and/or confidential information
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Energy and passion for the RMHC mission
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.