Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens Omni-channel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Develops and deploys scalable algorithms and models for solving various business problems and driving value for Walgreens Boots Alliance, drawing from knowledge and experience in machine learning/AI, constrained optimization, statistical theory, graph theory, or related fields. Application areas include, but are not limited to, prescription adherence improvement; patient health/outcome improvement; algorithmic process improvement/automation; labor scheduling and optimization; demand forecasting; supply chain optimization; capacity planning and network flow optimization; cost to serve optimization; pricing and promotions optimization; assortment and localization optimization; marketing intelligence; and personalization.
- Collaborates with business clients, product managers, data engineers, front end developers, and other team members to build and deploy scalable ML/AI infused applications, or other data centric products that incorporate constrained optimization, statistical theory, large-scale forecasting, etc.
- Develops and executes on ML/AI strategies and plans.
- Works with key stakeholders to formulate a comprehensive plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Applies broad knowledge of ML/AI capabilities to identify new growth areas, new and emerging opportunities. Conducts research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects. Recommends strategies by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with peers to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics, Computational or Decision Sciences, or a related quantitative field OR a Master’s degree in a related quantitative field and at least 4 years’ experience building and deploying scalable ML/AI or optimization/ forecasting applications OR a Bachelor’s degree in a related quantitative field and at least 5 years’ experience building and deploying scalable ML/AI or optimization/ forecasting applications.
- Proficient level in at least one general purpose programming language, such as Python, C/C++, etc.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Advance knowledge of SQL
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe/Caffe2, Gluon, Keras, or similar frameworks
- Experience with cloud deployment of ML/AI applications
- Knowledge of Azure HDInsight, Azure Databricks, Azure Kubernetes Service, etc.)