Senior Analyst, APS Systems & Technology
Responsible for planning, designing and implementing Asset Protection Solutions systems. Performs encoding, testing, debugging and installation activities as necessary. Works with business users to clarify current operating procedures and communicate program objectives. Relies on limited knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals. Works under general supervision and usually reports to a project leader or manager.
- Participates in and provides significant contribution to the development, documentation, and maintenance of the various systems as well as the software application portfolio for Asset Protection Solutions. Creates innovative solutions and enhances, as well as, maintains all related functionality in support of the divisional tools and applications.
- Configures and troubleshoots hardware and software to support the operational needs of the Asset Protection Solutions department. Contributes to database query, optimization, and design activities.
- Responds to questions from customers, Company personnel, and vendors regarding technology applications and other related issues.
- Identifies and recommends improvements to program processes, procedures and functionality, as required, then implements the approved changes.
- Participates in functional and cross-functional teams to meet objectives, improve processes, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Participates in and provides significant contribution to all technology-based operational activities in support of maintaining the continuity of operations for the Asset Protection Solutions Department.
- Drives resolution of program conflicts. Works with management to resolve, if necessary. Responds, as needed, to calls for escalated and immediate problem resolution.
- Trains team members on use of systems.
- Drives innovation by staying current with industry trends and by maintaining strong relationships with business partners, industry peers and by participating in industry meetings, conferences and professional organizations.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of experience working with systems and technology OR a High School Diploma / GED and at least 4 years of experience working with systems and technology.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel that includes use of Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, Vlookups, creating custom formulas and connecting to data from other sources.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Fluency in English and Spanish.