Senior Analyst, Category/Format Strategy at Walgreens
Engages in the performance, development and implementation of growing strategic category at priorities. May include responsibilities within vendor collaboration, pharmacy insights, customer insights, pricing & promotion and/or consumer research.
Engages in the performance, development and implementation of growing strategic category at priorities. May include responsibilities within vendor collaboration, pharmacy insights, customer insights, pricing & promotion and/or consumer research, such as:
* Developing and executing assigned high profile plans/programs to enhance/maximize consumer awareness, market share and support specified initiatives.
* Engaging and developing analysis for interpretation of results and analyzing trends.
* Reviewing alignment of functional area strategies with assumed outcomes.
*Monitoring strategies of functional area and recommending / implementing adjustments.
* Contributing in planning and implementing a broad range of activities to meet objectives.
* Developing tactical plans.
* Preparing related program budgets.
* Participating in development of programs that establish and enhance standards. *Identifying and establishing relationships with internal/external partners.
- Ensures that problematic issues for key initiatives are tracked, summarized and presented to management. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Collaborates and shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes and operational efficiencies. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced business solutions/initiatives.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to specified area of responsibility and constructively challenges current methods to identify areas of improvement, support established standards and deliver improved results. May design specifications of assigned initiatives and may lead in implementation. Become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Identifies opportunities and makes appropriate recommendations to improve processes and/or operating efficiencies. May perform as customer advocate.
- Works on variable-sized project and may lead some project work streams, as necessary. Ensures project initiatives are completed within budget and on time to meet business units’ needs.
- Communicates effectively and tailors communications appropriately to different audiences.
- Builds knowledge and understanding of the specified area and works with internal/external resources to build confidence in partners and build own abilities within area of responsibility.
- Mentors less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in the Walgreens' MARP program OR a Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis OR High school/GED and at least 4 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree OR MBA.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.