Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
The Senior Analyst, Credit Risk is responsible for using data analysis and modeling techniques to help ensure that our highly sophisticated approaches to lending and account management remain responsible and sustainable, both for Avant and for our customers.
What you do at Avant
- Review and analyze strategies and models created by the risk and business teams
- Track and report on portfolio and industry trends to stay ahead of an always-evolving consumer lending environment
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments on new initiatives and projects
- Identify insights in big datasets, and develop and present recommendation
Why you are a fit for Avant
- BA/BS degree with specialization in business, statistics, math, engineering, or economics. (Masters degree preferred)
- 1-3 years of experience in an analytical role in financial services or consulting
- Strong SQL abilities
- Experience with open-source analytical tools such as Python or R
- Excellent business judgment
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Have credit card, personal loans, or other consumer lending experience (preferred but not required)
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description