Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over one million customers to $6.5 billion in loans and to 200,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
In your role, you will be responsible for supporting the credit card portfolio team to develop and optimize credit policy to better grow revenue and control credit loss by conducting actionable data analysis, driving insightful reporting for senior management. You will also help monitor card portfolio performance and work closely with Engineering, Finance, Product, Legal and other teams across the company. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Develop portfolio account management policy using analytical methods such as segmentation, hypothesis testing, etc.
-Perform ad-hoc analysis to identify opportunities to improve existing credit policy
-Identify business insights in big data-sets, and develop and present recommendations
-Communicate strategies/proposals/solutions to key stakeholders
-Maintain monthly reporting on card portfolio risk and revenue performance and identify potential production issue
-Develop and maintain portfolio performance projection report
-Collaborate with cross-functional business partners on new initiatives, project requests, prioritization and delivery
-Identify opportunities for automation and system improvements
-Improve internal and external processes
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- BA/BS degree (Masters degree preferred) with specialization in science, engineering, technology, mathematics, economics or equivalent work
- 1+ year of experience in financial services or data analytical role
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Ability to improve performance by analyzing and managing key performance indicators, developing a strategy based on observations and implementing the strategy
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established deadlines
- Advanced SQL and Python (R can be a substitute)
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions
- An inquisitive mindset and an openness to do things differently and more efficiently
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.