Senior Analyst, Tableau Developer at VillageMD
Join VillageMD as a Senior Analyst, Tableau Developer (Remote)
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Senior Analyst, Tableau Developer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
In this role, you’ll be the steward of our growing Tableau-based docOS™ healthcare analytics platform. You’ll also be a part of our Visual Analytics Team, which partners with physicians, clinic staff, our operations teams, and our leadership to solve analytics problems and develop visual reporting and analytics tools.
How you can make a difference
As our Tableau Developer, you will
- Configure and maintain our Tableau Server Platform, including site creation, server maintenance, upgrades, patches, security, performance tuning, clustering, and load balancing
- Create and manage groups, permissions, projects, workbooks, data sources, etc.
- Monitor server activity and usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements
- Support migration of content from development to production environments
- Communicate system-wide changes, such as new releases, and manage related training
- Provide scheduled and ad hoc training and support for Tableau users
- Document standards and best practices for the development and administration of our Tableau platform
- Work closely with technical architects, and data and software engineers to ensure optimal application and database/warehouse design to support reporting requirements
As a Senior Analyst, you will:
- Partner with business units to document requirements and design Tableau KPI scorecards & dashboards
- Assist in development of visual analytics content to support business initiatives
Skills for success
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Knowledge and experience with Tableau software, with a strong understanding of Tableau architecture and administration
- 3+ years of experience configuring and administering Tableau Server
- Experience in Tableau scripting (TABCMD and TABADMIN)
- Ability to architect a stable Tableau solution guaranteed for high operational availability
- Expertise in Tableau platform sizing, troubleshooting, tuning & disaster recovery
- Knowledge of Tableau Metadata tables
- Experience working with relational databases (SQL Server, Snowflake)
- Knowledge in BI tools including ETL and data warehousing
- 3+ years of experience in an analyst role working with business units to develop analytical reports and dashboards, with an emphasis on visual analytics
Experience to drive change
- Adaptability: handles frequent or unexpected changes with a positive attitude
- Collaboration: ability to establish and maintain effective and working relationships with managers, team-members, and other customers
- Communication: speaks clearly, listens and gains clarification when needed, and responds well to questions
- Confidentiality: complies with HIPAA confidentiality standards when accessing or communicating patient information
- Diversity: shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
- Self-motivated: energetic self-starter, strong sense of ownership with personal accountability
- Teamwork: is open and objective to other’s views, gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes to positive team spirit
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.