Senior Analytical Lead - Digital Audience and Measurement at Peapod Digital Labs
What's Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Browse The Aisles
The Senior Analytical Lead - Digital Audience and Measurement is the day-to-day expert on ADUSA's rich data lake. This role is part of a new team within Peapod Digital Labs championing the use of data in marketing, advertising, and measurement.
Working cross-functionally, this person will consult with teams on how to best use customer data for marketing purposes. Through their own analysis, this person will also discover trends and develop new insights on how customers are buying groceries online and offline.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
- Become the subject matter expert on ADUSA data lake and processes – act as the expert on where ADUSA 1st party data is coming from, what it includes, and advise on the most appropriate ways to use it
- Based on historical performance and testing, help refine best practices and strategies to guide ADUSA brands and external agencies on the use of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data
- Monitor connections between the data lake and data management platform (DMP), as well as in-DMP tracking for accuracy, supporting IT and database teams in troubleshooting any issues
- Act as key point of contact for internal and external teams looking to use ADUSA and 2nd /3rd party data in DMP for marketing purposes
- Participate in data strategy discussions with brand and external agency teams, vetting and recommending 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party audiences to address business problems and campaign briefs
- Work with execution teams to ensure the effectiveness of audiences is measured appropriately through testing, and leverage results to iterate and improve performance across media campaigns
- Leverage audience and campaign exposure data in DMP and the data lake to improve media and targeting
- Develop quarterly consumer insights for each brand, focusing on who our customers are, how customers engage with the brand, and where the greatest opportunities for each brand lie
- Communicate insights and recommendations with honesty, credibility, and effective visualizations that drive action and inform media planning and business goals
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 4+ years experience in either digital analytics or digital media, at an advertising agency or on an in-house marketing team
- An understanding of how digital media is purchased, executed, and measured
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables, and comfort working with large data sets
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Effective in translating nuances of data and technology into simple and actionable recommendations to non-technical teams
- Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail, and the ability to recognize patterns in data
- Resourceful, curious, and motivated individual with an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Basic understanding of how a company's customer data can be used in advertising and marketing efforts
- Familiarity with Google Marketing Platform, Google Audience 360, or Google Analytics
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.