Senior Audit Data Scientist at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Uses operational and technical skills to support the department objectives. Assigned to a schedule of audit reviews where he/she will follow audit methodology and provide analytical support for various functions, leveraging internal and external data as well as industry, economic, and market information for analytics and/or model development in support of the audit review. Uses data to support the audit and participates in client interviews, process flow and narrative creation, reviews business processes, identifies and assesses controls, tests key controls, finds development, and communicates with clients to develop and follow up on actions.
- Independently completes assigned audits/audit tasks, using department tools and pursuant to department guidelines, within established timetables with high-quality results.
- Uses quantitative skills and tools for data preparation, including sampling, data pulling, aggregation, and other data preparation treatments. Performs simulations and general ad hoc analyses and testing to provide risk-related insights.
- Highlights potential findings for discussion with audit lead/supervisor and clients.
- Continues to develop skillsets by meeting required training and obtaining advanced degrees and/or certification pursuant to department guidelines. Maintains a high level of understanding and competency in statistical and analytical principles, tools, and advanced techniques, including knowledge in UNIX, programming skills in SAS/R/SQL, and any other statistical software used in Discover.
- Develops and implements quantitative solutions that leverages structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources. Analyzes and mines large quantities of data to find patterns and insights.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Sciences, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science Data Science, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Analytics, Audit, Finance, Risk Management, Business, IT, Predictive Analytics, Fraud Analytics, Modeling, or related field
- With a Master’s Degree or Ph.D., 1+ years of experience in Analytics, Audit, Finance, Risk Management, Business, IT, Predictive Analytics, Fraud Analytics, Modeling, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Ph.D. in Applied Sciences, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science Data Science, or related field
- Master’s Degree in Applied Sciences, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science Data Science, or related field
- Business, CAP, Six Sigma, Risk, STEM, Audit, or related certifications
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.